Name: Haley Murphy
Business: OATS (Organic Airbrush Tanning Salon)
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Hello happytanners! Today we are joined by Haley Murphy from San Luis Obispo, California. She’s the owner of OATS, which stands for Organic Airbrush Tanning Salon. Her journey began as a client, as many of our other interviewees have shared. Although finding success in full time employment elsewhere, Haley was determined to make a change and desired to reach higher!
Haley began in mobile tanning and over time has come to purchase a building where she hosts her salon as well as other services. She shares some of the challenging details about this process as well as the ultimate benefits of being able to obtain this type of space. Haley also breaks down pricing considerations, how to cater to specific types of clients, possibilities when incorporating other services, and how she has developed her own labeling and training packages.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to cater to your clients & the importance of understanding the local demographic
- What unique advantages Haley has with purchasing a location
- Important factors to consider when determining pricing & clientele preferences
- How to add additional services & what could be important when making these decisions for your business
- Ways to expand your business, build upon your brand, & facilitate your growth
- Why it’s important to learn your limits & designate tasks to others
Throughout this interview, Haley demonstrates to our listener what it means to think bigger and go after it! She offers insight and ideas about how to keep growing and provides information about the pieces that have transformed her business and career.