Name: Lizz Schmitz
Business: Queen City Tan
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Today we are joined by Lizz Schmitz, owner of Queen City Tan in Cincinnati, Ohio. She jumped into the industry a little over a year ago and is already making waves through a tremendous amount of work as well as plenty of trial and error. Since April 2018, she has already completed over 2,000 tans! She primarily targets a younger audience due to her passion for healthy skincare habits and concerns about the dangers of tanning beds.
Lizz provides in-depth information about how she has gained clientele and marketed her services in a creative, intentional, and educational way that speaks to her mission and passions. Her approach is much different than any other business owner we’ve interviewed! She’s not afraid to think outside the box and this has absolutely contributed to the high volume of tans she has completed in such a short amount of time.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why it’s important to take time to educate yourself through credible training programs
- What you can do in order to overcome and/or avoid pitfalls
- Why “if you build it, they will come” does not always apply in the sunless industry & how to overcome this mentality
- How to get creative when it comes to marketing & finding a target audience
- The power & impact of a healthy, reliable support network
- Why Lizz had to tell herself to “get over yourself”
We hope you feel as inspired as we are by this interview! Lizz found a unique route in this industry and, as a result, has experienced tremendous growth since she began her journey in the sunless tanning industry last April.
Leave a Reply