Name: Jenna O’Connell
Business: Blush Tan
Location: Worcester, MA
Jenna O’Connell began working in the sunless tanning industry at age 16, one of our youngest to date! She joined the team at Blush Tan in Worcester, Massachusetts, where at the time she was simply looking for a high school job. Although she never had a spray tan herself, she decided to pick up a few hours for a friend who was in transition and the rest is history! Jenna works alongside Christina Kauffman, who was featured on the podcast in episode 29.
Since Jenna unknowingly began her path in high school, at the age of 24 she now has nearly a decade of experience in the spray tanning industry. She is also the owner of an exclusive Blush Tan studio, where she is continuing to build her entrepreneurial muscles.
In this episode, you will learn…
- How Jenna’s career blossomed from a high school gig to a full-time career
- What the differences are between exclusive studios vs. concept studios
- What it looks like to be a piece of the team & community of Blush Tan
- Which complementary service Blush Tan offers and why!
- How Jenna has navigated the transition from employee to studio owner
- What options exist for internships within the industry
- Why it’s important to stay hungry!
Tune in if you’re looking for a better understanding of how to gain traction in this industry, different options for entering the field and ways to thrive, and what impact community and support can have on your success. Jenna offers nuggets of truth and inspiration throughout her interview! She wears many hats within Blush Tan and therefore provides perspective from many angles within the industry. Check it out and let us know what you think!